SWIM hosts approximately 8 speakers per year to give current students the opportunity to hear women leaders share their perspective on relevant business topics. In the past, these topics have ranged from industry focused career advice to the role of ethics in today’s environment. These are predominantly hour‐long lunch events held on campus.
SWIM is seeking both prominent women business leaders to feature at these events as well as monetary support for lunches.
Examples of past events held :
- Leadership & Ethics: B J Hess, Former SVP of Global Operations for Arrow Electronics
- Board of Mentors: Diane Garnick, Investment Strategist at Invesco, Founder of Ladies in Red, and Author
- Entrepreneurship Series Speakers
Tentative 2011/2012 Event Themes:
- Work‐life balance
- Dynamic Duos: Power Couples
- Women in Technology Series
- Women in Retail/Marketing Series
- Women in Non‐Profit/Social Enterprise Series